Getting from “Here” to “There”: Marketing Plans that Begin with the End in Mind
Not having a direction, not having a goal, not knowing where you are going, it’s all the same. You go nowhere. You can never get “there,” can never arrive anywhere, because you don’t really have a destination. Without direction, without a destination, without a goal, how do you pick a direction, choose a road, or plot a course to get “there”?
As leaders and marketers of the firm, you are responsible for guiding your firm from “here” to “there”. This session will help you be strategic in guiding your firm to its rightful destination. Learn the step-by-step process of creating and implementing a strategic marketing plan that works.
Understand the basic elements of a successful plan, what a plan should accomplish, how to conduct the session, how to define objectives and target markets, and how to turn ideas into measurable tactics with timelines, budgets, and clear deliverables that will let you hit the ground running.
8:00 am: Registration & Breakfast
8:30 – 11:30 am: Workshop
11:30 am-12:30 pm: Personal/Marketing Plan Reviews*
Cost: $60 Member / $80 Non-Member
*Personal Marketing Plan Reviews: If you have an existing marketing plan for your firm or are currently creating one, please bring them with you! Keri will be available for one-on-one sessions following the conclusion of the workshop.
Keri Hammond, FSMPS, CPSM is a founding member of the SMPS Utah Chapter in 1990 (31 years as an SMPS Member), she has served on the Utah Chapter Board of Directors for 18 years in various capacities. She has served as Chapter President for three different terms over this time, and developed Chapter infrastructure such as By-Laws and Policies and Procedures. She was the first Utah Chapter Marketer of the Year and first to receive her CPSM designation in Utah. She recently was honored with the designation of FSMPS. She has also been an active member of SMPS National and Regional Committees and is a speaker at local, regional and national conferences around the country.
She has provided more than 100 educational topics and training sessions for private clients, SMPS, AIA, ACEC, NAIWIC, CREW and many graduate programs for higher education institutions about the A/E/C industry. She is an active writer of articles in industry trade publications on the topic of marketing and business development for the A/E/C industry.
Keri has worked in-house for various A/E/C firms in various capacities from Marketing Assistant to Vice President. She started her own consulting firm that specializes in marketing guidance to the A/EC Industry. Now, as a founding partner with MARKETLINK, she continues to be a resource to the AEC industry across the country.
Benefits of Attending:
By the end of this half-day workshop, you will understand how to:
• determine your firm’s strategic direction for increasing your bottom line
• conduct market research for gathering client, marketplace and internal feedback
• plan and facilitate a marketing strategy session
• gain “buy-in” from firm leadership and key staff
• develop and implement an effective marketing plan
• create and implement action plans for goals and objectives
• foster marketing champions
• create a plan that include measurable results
• use your plan as your marketing agenda to ensure compliance and success
• you will return to the office with proven techniques and tools for effective management of your firm’s marketing team and plan.
• apply techniques learned to other areas of business and assist your firm in strategic planning for operations, finance, human resources and finance as well.
Many thanks to in-kind sponsor CRB for allowing us the use of their training room for this event!