Apply to be a Mentor or Protégé for the 2018-2019 class!
SMPS Kansas City is currently seeking mentors and protégés to kick off the 2018-2019 program. This program supports the growth and development of our chapter members by offering the opportunity to meet with industry veterans.
Mentors gain the opportunity to practice and improve coaching skills by helping the next generation of marketers and business developers grow. Mentors are asked to meet with protégés every 6-8 weeks and attend program meetings.
Protégés will have the opportunity to build their network while gaining a better understanding of how to define their career path and identifying opportunities for development. Protégés are expected to come to meeting with mentors prepared with discussion topics and attend all program meetings.
The program matches senior members (in general, those with five or more years of experience) with junior members from non-competing firms based on individual interests.
The mentoring committee works to develop pairs or groups based on the interest and desires for growth of the protégé.
A kick-off meeting is held with all members of the program. We will cover tentative schedules, roles and responsibilities, and suggestions for discussion topics.
- October 12, 2018 – Applications due.
- October 23, 2018 – Selected protégés and mentors are contacted.
- November 7, 2018 – Kick off meeting.
- January, March, June 2019 – Group events (minimum of one to two-month notice will be given to all group events).
- December 2018 – August 2019 – Pairs schedule one-on-one or group meetings.
- December 2018 – August 2019 – Various group coffee and happy hour opportunities.
- September 2019 – Last group event. Discussion of lessons learned and how to maintain mentor relationships
$75, protégés only.
For more information, please contact Lauren Schach, 913-202-7009, LSchach@McCarthy.com