Please note materials completed between January 2016 and December 2017 will be accepted for the 2018 competition.
All entries are due IN HAND by March 21, 2018.
Entries should be sent to the attention of Erica Jones – MMC Corp, 10955 Lowell Ave, Suite 300, Overland Park, KS, 66210. Questions: Erica Jones – email@example.com or 913.486.4953.
PREPARING THE ENTRY FOLDER
A separate folder is required for each entry category. All materials must be submitted in one 8.5-x-11-inch, plastic pocket folder, including:
1. entry form (print ONLY PAGE 2 of entry form)
2. entry fee payment (if you paid by credit card, print out receipt of payment from online registration, if paying by check, place check in inside pocket of folder)
3. table of contents
4. print out of section 2 of entry form (includes Questions 1-6)
5. exhibits/samples of project being entered
You may incorporate a cover sheet on the inside, in front of the table of contents.
For larger items that do not fit into folder, use large metal binder clips or rubber bands to secure the items to your folder (e.g., book, poster). Any materials that cannot be placed in a folder (e.g., clothing, hard hats) must be illustrated with a photograph and the photograph included in the exhibit section of folder. Inclusion of such materials in their actual form is elective, not mandatory.
Each folder must contain the following items in the following order
1. Entry Form
Complete entry registration form. Once you have completed and paid your entry fees, print out one copy of entry form and place in inside front pocket of folder along with payment (either your credit card information on the form or a check made out to SMPS KC).
2. Entry Questions
The following 6 questions are to be answered on the entry form. The word count limit is next to each question. You WILL be judged on your responses.
Marketing Objectives (75 words or less)
Identify your marketing goals by answering the following questions:
• What did your firm hope to achieve with the piece or program?
• How did you plan to measure your results against your marketing goals?
Include the following:
• Marketing objectives
• Specify time frame
• Budget information
• Methodology for collecting and evaluating results
Target Audience (50 words or less)
Define the audience for this piece or program.
Answer the following questions:
• Who was your target audience?
• How many pieces were sent via mail or e-mail? If web site or video, what were your analytical goals?
• Characterize the composition, size, and location of your target audience (example: 250 CEOs and senior managers of the top 500 leaders of the California high-tech industry).
Research and Planning (75 words or less)
Describe the market research conducted prior to planning your piece or program. Summarize your marketing plan efforts. Explain the production and delivery method.
Messaging (30 words or less)
What is the intended message of this entry?
Results (75 words or less)
Please answer the following questions:
• What was the ROI?
• Which actions did the target audience take after receiving your materials (testimonials/feedback)?
• What was your break-even goal for profit/loss, and did you achieve it?
• Did you meet your specific sales goals?
• Did you gain new clients as a result?
Creative Brief (250 Words or less)
Please give a 250 word or less creative brief on your entry to convey to their jurors why your entry should win.
3. Entry Fee Payment
- EARLY BIRD Entry Fee (By March 14): $125 for first firm entry (includes ONE complimentary ticket to the Gala); $75 for each additional entry.
- FINAL Entry Fee (By March 21): $150 for the first firm entry (includes ONE complimentary ticket to the Gala); $100 for each additional entry.
If you are paying by check, include the check in the envelope with a copy of your entry registration form. Please make checks payable to “SMPS KC”. If you are paying by credit card, please include your credit card number, expiration, and name on the form.
4. Table of Contents
Including the following:
- Print out of Entry Form
- Entry Questions (includes questions 1-6)
- Exhibits/Samples Please include at least one hard copy of the marketing piece you are submitting for judges to review. (Some categories require more than one copy; review the individual requirements for the category you are entering to confirm the quantity.) To submit digital entries, please be sure to include a web link to view entry online. Make sure that the link is accessible using Google Chrome and test your web link prior to submitting your entry. Submitting printout of screenshots of digital entry is encouraged.